Our Program is Co-operative
We invite you to share your gifts. It could mean:
- Participating on the Spiritual Exploration and Learning Team
- Leading or assisting with one of the children or youth groups, on a rotational basis
- Preparing snacks
- Helping plan and run multi-generational events: picnics, coffee-houses, hikes or other
- Helping plan or lead special music, art or social justice sessions
- Taking and managing photos and videos
- Helping with administration or communications
- Caring for our library
- Improving arts and aesthetics in the Children’s Wing
- Helping create our Nature Playground
- Letting us know about your talent or passion – and we’ll find a way for you to share it.
We suggest that you:
- attend regularly – or come as often as you can. It will help your child feel at home here, and enhance understanding of the curriculum.
- reflect on church time with your children – we’ll let you know about the topics they explore.
We ask that you:
- after visiting three times, complete the registration and health information form and update it annually. In between, please let the Director of Spiritual Exploration know of any changes to your information.
- read the Covenant with your children.
- familiarize yourself with Wee Care procedures, if you have children there.
We invite all parents to join the warm and supportive environment of our Parents’ Circle. We meet monthly to share thoughts and concerns about parenting in a Unitarian Universalist context. Discussion is loosely centred upon a topic. The circle takes place during Sunday worship service, typically on the 3rd Sunday of each month and usually in the Farmhouse Common Room. Parents or caregivers are welcome at the beginning of the hour (10:30am) or after their children have left the sanctuary for their spiritual exploration programs. Newcomers are most welcome.
Questions? Please email Laura Anderson or phone 778-433-7893.
The Spiritual Exploration and Learning Program is funded by the entire congregation through our annual canvass in October, and other fundraisers. Please support the congregation to the best of your ability.
Office Phone: 250-744-2665
Faye’s Phone: 250-744-2695
We welcome you, whoever you are.