Welcome to Minecraft: Kids Lead the World! In this Minecraft program, we will be exploring civic engagement through hands-on simulation of Minecraft village governance.
Over ten weeks the participants will work together as a team to:
- Learn about different governance structures
- Choose their village leadership system based on UU principles and their values
- Elect a leader or leaders for the village who can enact their vision
- Explore how to make meaningful choices to influence positive change
The group will run from April 10 – June 12, 2021. Saturday mornings at 9.30 am. Participants are asked to commit to attend most or all of the sessions.
Note: This program is open to a maximum of 10 participants
We will be using both Zoom and Minecraft at the same time. A computer screen with Zoom minimized (to see the speaker) and Minecraft maximized will work. Two screens/devices would also work.
- Device(s) with stable internet connection
- Minecraft Java Edition – version 1.16.4 (Note: phone/tablet editions of Minecraft are not compatible)