Our Program is Co-operative:
We invite you to share your gifts. It could mean:
- Participating on the Spiritual Exploration and Learning Team
- Leading or assisting with one of the children or youth groups, on a rotational basis
- Preparing snacks
- Helping plan and run multi-generational events: picnics, coffee-houses, hikes or other
- Helping plan or lead special music, art or social justice sessions
- Taking and managing photos and videos
- Helping with administration or communications
- Caring for our library
- Improving arts and aesthetics in the Children’s Wing
- Helping create our Nature Playground
- Letting us know about your talent or passion – and we’ll find a way for you to share it.
We suggest that you:
- attend regularly – or come as often as you can. It will help your child feel at home here, and enhance understanding of the curriculum.
- reflect on church time with your children – we’ll let you know about the topics they explore.
We ask that you:
- after visiting three times, complete the registration and health information form and update it annually. In between, please let the Director of Spiritual Exploration know of any changes to your information.
- read the Covenant with your children.
- familiarize yourself with Wee Care procedures, if you have children there.
Soul Matters Group for Parents and Guardians
Our Soul Matters Group for Parents and Guardians is a circle of parents, guardians and others who take care (or will soon take care) of our little ones, but it is not a parent circle! The discussions will be based on the monthly theme the church is exploring and offers a space for you to bring your whole self, spend time with other adults and to reflect and recharge… A mini-retreat of sorts. A space for quiet reflection, deep listening and enjoying community connections. The circles take place during Sunday worship service September – June, and are open to any interested parents, whether new to the church or a long-term member. Find out more.
We offer resources for families to continue the exploration of our monthly theme at home (September – June). Each month there are suggestions of stories, movies and activities that can be used to further the discussion. Find out more.
On the last Sunday of each month, we invite a different family to light the chalice in the sanctuary. The family chosen receives a Family Chalice-Lighting Basket which contains a chalice, books and other items to deepen your spiritual exploration at home. If you would like to sign up, please email Arran for more information.
The Spiritual Exploration and Learning Program is funded by the entire congregation through our annual canvass in October, and other fundraisers. Please support the congregation to the best of your ability.
Office Phone: 250-744-2665
Arran’s Phone: 250-744-2695
We welcome you, whoever you are.