More posts in: News
Application deadline Friday, May 31. First Unitarian Church of Victoria is seeking to contract a Collaborative Pianist to accompany choir rehearsals and Sunday services from September through June each year, and to play for summer services as required. Pay rate is $85 per regular event (2-hour rehearsal or service), with the possibility of playing for special events at the rate of $100 per event.
Interested candidates should send a resumé and cover letter to the Music Director, Nicholas Fairbank, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is Friday, May 31st, 2019 and the position will commence on September 1st, 2019.
We seek a well-qualified and experienced pianist with the following attributes:
- Minimum of RCM Grade 10 piano certificate (or equivalent). An ARCT or university music degree would be an added asset.
- Experience in accompanying choirs and/or ensembles.
- Excellent sight-reading skills.
- Ability to transpose at sight.
- Ability to read from a 4-part vocal score.
- Ability to improvise at points in a service when music is required in order to provide flow.
- Experience in leading sectional rehearsals from the pianoThe Collaborative Pianist will be under the direct supervision of the Music Director who alsoserves as the choir conductor.
First Unitarian Church currently has a membership of approximately 200 families. The music program includes the mixed-voice Chalice Choir with approximately 40-45 members, the Men’s Choir with 10 members, a Handbell Choir, the JAMMers (Joyful Association of Music Makers), an informal group of volunteer instrumentalists, and the Jazz Vespers program.