More posts in: News
The COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically changed how we gather and connect. Through it all, rest assured that the church staff and community are still here for you — virtually and by phone. Throughout at least the remainder of April (and likely at least through May? Beyond? However long this lasts.) here is how to connect with the community:
Sunday worship: We continue to gather online at 10:30 a.m. every Sunday. The Zoom connection info will be emailed to all members and friends on Friday or Saturday. You can connect by phone or online. Check your inbox and then please join us.
Children’s program: Online children’s program aimed at elementary school-aged children, from 12 noon to 1 p.m. each Sunday. Click here for more info.
Kids and Families
Social Justice Storytime: Picture book stories for all ages. Gather at 8:30 am Monday – Saturday. Click here for more info.
Parent/Caregiver Check-in: Tuesday evenings on Zoom from 8:30 – 9:30 pm. Click here for more info.
With chalice lighting, centering, and personal check-in. Email ministers or office to get Zoom links and call in numbers.
- Thursday, April 23, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m., with Rev. Shana
- Wednesday, April 29, 5 – 6 p.m., with Rev. Melora
- Wednesday, May 6, 11 a.m. -12 noon, with Rev. Shana
- Thursday, May 14, 2 -3 p.m., with Rev. Melora
- Tuesday, May 19, 7-8 p.m., with Rev. Shana
- Friday, May 29, 3-4 p.m., with Rev. Melora
In addition, we know that caring for one another will need to use both new tools and time-tested methods of the past—such as phone calls via a phone tree.
- If you or another congregant is in need of pastoral care, please call us on our cell phones Rev. Melora (250) 891-6330. Rev. Shana (250) 891-6331
- We will also be arranging through our Care and Concern network for regular check in calls from members to one another for this who are most isolated.
Communications and Church Business
Our church office and staff continue to work to keep us connected. Our weekly, newsletter, and sometimes special messages will be sent out to keep you posted on what is happening and how to remain plugged in to the community. Be sure to check the Church Calendar for upcoming Zoom meetings.
Our office staff will be working remotely and you can still reach them during their regular work hours — their email addresses are unchanged. You can leave voicemail messages on the church phone 250-744-2665 as they will be retrieved each business day (not Friday or Saturday).
You can reach Shannon about all Communications needs (setting up a Zoom meeting, sending out messages to the congregation, database, social media) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can reach Church Administrator, Niki, for questions about cheque requisitions, rental concerns, general office needs, or property questions that have arisen even while we don’t meet on West Saanich Road. Niki can be reached at email@example.com.
More than anything, we want you to know that we are still here for you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with a call, text, or email if you want to connect.
– Rev. Melora and Rev. Shana