The purposes of the First Unitarian Church of Victoria are:
- a) to promote Unitarianism in the area of Greater Victoria;
- b) to teach the Unitarian Principles to members, youth, children and the public at large and to encourage community participation that reflects these Principles;
- c) to act in furtherance of these Principles and to cooperate with like-minded individuals and organizations in the furtherance of these Principles and on mutual concerns for the benefit of the community on Vancouver Island, in Canada and in the world
- d) to provide a place of worship, contemplation, discernment, music, celebration, fellowship and meeting for Unitarians and others.
Stay in touch with your church friends and fellow members using our Breeze online church directory. Sign in here.
If you can’t remember if you activated your personal Breeze account click here and select “forgot password” below the login button. Your username and password will be sent to your email address on your Breeze user account. (If you do not receive a return email from Breeze send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and please put Activate My Breeze Account in the subject line.)
Help take care of our buildings and grounds. Join the Property Fund by credit card.
There is a well-stocked library of about two thousand books on a variety of subjects of interest to Unitarian Universalists. Books on all aspects of religion, including world religions, are available as well as books on philosophy, psychology, the environment, social justice issues, literature, biographies and history.
You can help secure, strengthen, and extend the long-term survival and mission of our congregation by leaving a legacy to First Unitarian – it won’t cost you a dime! – or First Unitarian Church of Victoria Foundation.
Documents: Adobe Acrobat Reader required to view all documents.
- Minister Evaluation Survey Summary Data 2018
- General Meeting minutes (Jan. 2020)
- Annual General Meeting (June 2020)
- 2021 Budget (recorded with Zoom on Facebook)
- Finance Plan – 2017 to 2020
- Constitution and Bylaws (May 2018)
- Policy Manual
The Covenant of Good Relations is a guide for respectful communication and ethical behavior in our congregational activities. It provides a framework for putting our seven Unitarian Universalist Principles into practice.
Each of us will take responsibility for our personal well-being and show generosity of spirit to others’ needs and contributions.
Together we will strive to create a healthy spiritual community in which the contribution of each person is valued.
We will be welcoming to all members, friends of the congregation, children and youth regardless of gender identity, race, sexual orientation or age, and participate in congregational life with enthusiasm and joy.
We believe in participatory decision-making and respect the outcome of this democratic process. Covenant of Good Relations
The Church has an automated external defibrillator (AED) located in the foyer just outside the double doors to the Sanctuary. Here is a 4-minute training video on using the defibrillator.