In-person Sunday services in the Sanctuary resume on October 31. Our usual Sunday services on Zoom will also continue.
Although some are looking forward to meeting in person, many responders in our recent congregational survey say they would not feel comfortable attending an in- person service at present. View the summary analysis of written comments.
Sunday services beginning October 31 are subject to the Board’s decision:
- Only those who are fully vaccinated should attend in person; it will not be necessary to show proof of vaccination because as a covenantal church we undertake to be truthful with each other.
- Everyone will wear a mask over nose and mouth while inside, with the exception of the presenter who will be distanced from the congregation.
- No food or beverages will be served.
- Musical presentations including singing will be allowed in small groups, distanced from the congregation.
- The congregation may hum along with the music, behind their masks.
- Chairs will be set up with social distancing in groups of one, two or three.
- If you are experiencing any possible COVID-19 symptoms, you are asked not to attend in person.
The above are, of course, subject to change if B.C. issues updated regulations regarding the public health response to COVID-19. Please check the eweekly for any changes.
– Your COVID-19 Task Force: Jim Willis, Nancy Dobbs, John Tiffany, Kristina Stevens, Rev. Melora Lynngood.