At Victoria Unitarian we explore and learn about spiritual practices in the broadest sense: from world religions to gardening; from meditation to social action; from self-reflection to fellowship and fun. We welcome everyone!
We take a break from regular child nd youth events from July 1 to September 2.
But we offer child minding for children up to 11 years doing the summer’s Sunday morning services, and we welcome older children as helpers. If preferred, families are welcome to stay in the sanctuary or enjoy the service in the Lion Hall where there is no worry about making noise.
We will arrive back on September 9, refreshed and relaxed for the new church year.
Visit here for a sneak peak of what we will offer in the Fall.
Questions? Email Arran Liddel, Director of Spiritual Exploration and Learning for Children and Youth. or phone 250-744-2695.
• 1 to 4 years: Sundays 10:20 to noon. Paid staff offer loving care. Free-play, stories, music, snack, outdoor exploration and a short circle time.
- Kindergarten to Gr. 5: Begin at 10:30 in the Sanctuary for music and a story prior to their classes in the children’s wing, or sometimes outdoors.
- Grades 4-5: Our Whole Lives (OWL) Sexuality Education program geared specifically to Grades 4-5.
• Gr. 6 to 8: Junior yU*Uth: a special Coming of Age year
• Gr. 9 to 12: Our yU*Uth Ministry: based on six pillars: worship, leadership, learning, community building, social action, and fun. Youth take leadership in all of these areas, with adult support.Read more ›